Friday, April 20, 2012

Sportswear, Time for your close-up

Since I only posted the collages of my sportswear, I thought I'd include all the photos, just in case you want to really zoom in.  You probably don't, but, well, better safe than sorry.  Personally, I love that it ended up with a little 50's pizazz.  See, I actually grabbed this book from the library to serve as inspiration.


This was actually the first piece I made:
But, as you can see, it still has pins where the buttons should be.  And it hasn't made it off my little fake child. :)

It's based off of this:
 **by the way, I find some of the illustrations in this book somewhat terrifying.  Just sayin'...**

I didn't end up going that direction (though I still love it) for a few reasons: first, because my machine was, once again, being mean-spirited and rebelling when I tried to make buttonholes.  Second, because I wanted a little more versatility, color-wise.  Black and white can be paired with any color leggings or whatever.  Third, I've had this stripes idea in mind since Kenley did this in Project Runway:
 

I will finish that first attempt at some point, though! :)

 Anyway, here are the close-ups!  Enjoy! :)  

First, Chevron!!

What a ham!

I heart bloomers.  And little girls in bright jewelry... especially this little girl and her sister.

This is her, er, meditative pose?

Do the hustle!  Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh!

Without bloomers...



Elasticized back for a nice close fit.

I think we're going to get quite a bit of use out of all of these.  Now I'm off to make a few more pairs of bloomers, in all different lengths! :)

4 comments:

  1. I've nominated your for the Liebster Blog Award - http://unpetitdesign.blogspot.com/2012/04/blog-award-other-updates.html

    I love the outfit you made for the sportswear challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I think I need to learn making those bloomers too, So cute!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog.

    The Quiet Mom @ http://olahmomma.com. You can visit directly to my latest post: http://olahmomma.com/blog/happy-anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love bloomers! They're simple to make, and they keep those diapers (and 4-year-olds' underwear!) covered! :)

      Delete
  3. Your blog post is really helpful for my apparel market 2012 Research and Development.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)