Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the Catherine Top

Pin It

The last four books I've read have all been written by Jane Austen.  I am definitely a fan of good ol' Jane, but it also helps that they're free on my Kindle. :)  I'm currently 86% of the way through Northanger Abbey, and the main character is named Catherine.  So, since I'm spending a lot of time with Catherine, I thought I'd name this top after her.  It's sweet and not overdone or pretentious, just like her. :)

 

It has a scallop neckline (I know-- two scalloped tops/dresses in a row).  

It's lined with a solid pink, because Riley reminds me-- multiple times a day-- that her favorite color is pink.

It has an easy gathered skirt and this gorgeous Amy Butler fabric.  

The tutorial on this is now HERE, and the Scallop-Edged Dress WILL be coming, I promise!  It's been a little crazy around here.  Keep your eyes peeled, though! :)
 

3 comments:

  1. It's adorable, like all the outfits you make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Jane Austin...and the top and the model are both gorgeous. Will check out the tutorial...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If all goes well, the tutorial will be up today! :)

      Delete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)